1 By BusThere are bus services all provinces in the northeast region at frequent hours per day from Mo Chit Bus Terminal. There are many bus companies to choose from. Some may make many stops on the way and some run straight to the destination. If you opt to travel at night by bus, there are buses offering sleeping seats. There are also normal seat with different levels of comfort.
Northeastern Bus Terminal (Mo Chit 2) 2nd Floor
Contact: 02 936 2841-48, 02 9362 852-66 to 448, 611 ticket office extension 602, 605 02 936 2956, 02 936 0657
Getting to Mo Chit Bus Terminal
- By BTS: Mo Chit Station and taxi or bus to the bus terminal
- By MRT: Chatuchak Park Station and taxi or bus to the bus terminal
- By taxi or bus to the bus station
2 By CarThe region can be reached by several routes from Bangkok. The first province that you will reach before getting to other provinces in the region is Nakhon Ratchasima located only 259 km from Bangkok.
The common routes to the region are:
- Take Highway No.1 (Phahonyothin) then turn to Highway No.2 (Mitraphab) when reaching Saraburi province until Nakhon Ratchasima. The total distance is 259 km.
- Take the road from Minburi in Bangkok through Chachoengsao, Phanom Sarakham, Kabinburi, Pak Thong Chai and to Nakhon Ratchasima. The total distance is 273 km.
- Take Rangsit - Nakhon Nayok road then take Highway No.33 to Kabinburi and turn to Highway No.304, pass Wang Nam Kiew, Pak Thong Chai to Nakhon Ratchasima.
3 By PlaneNortheast region has 8 domestic airports in 8 provinces to cater the needs of travel of its residents and tourists. There are different airlines offering services including low cost airlines.
8 airports are located in the following provinces:
- Khon Kaen
- Nakhon Phanom
- Nakhon Ratchasima
- Roi Et
- Udon Thani
- Ubon Ratchathani
- Sakon Nakhon
4 By TrainThere are train services from Hua Lamphong to most provinces in the region. For those who prefer travelling at night, they can opt to travel by night train. There are also different types of train to choose from such as ordinary train (ORD), diesel railcar (DRC), special express train (SP EXP), rapid train (RAP), express train (EXP) and special express diesel railcar (SP EXP DRC).
See train timetables from Bangkok to different provinces and return.